Why shampoo bars are the thing for 2023
Hair care products come in many different forms, from shampoos and conditioners to styling gels and mousses. One type of product that has recently become very popular is the shampoo bar. These small, solid blocks of shampoo are easy to carry around and apply directly to wet hair. They also provide an extra boost of moisture for dry hair.
If ever you’ve tried a shampoo bar and felt ‘you just don’t get on with them’ you’ve not tried the latest formulations which almost
certainly lead to soft shiny healthy hair and scalp!
What Are Shampoo Bars?
Shampoo bars are a relatively new innovation in hair care. They were first invented in the UK by Mo Constantine and Stan Krysztal, the founders of LUSH and released in 1988. Since then, they've been gaining popularity across the globe.
The newest solid shampoo bars are not soap based and are carefully blended with mild cleansers, just like you would find in a liquid shampoo, but with the added benefit of the rest of the product being fully made up with luxurious oils and actives rather than water, this means that they do not dry out the hair but rather, leave it looking and feeling more beautiful than ever with additional targeted ingredients where necessary.
Why Do People Love Them?
Shampoo bars are made up of a mixture of ingredients that help cleanse and moisturise hair. They contain nourishing oils and extracts, such as argan oil, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, and shea butter. These ingredients make them effective at removing dirt and excess product buildup without stripping hair of its natural moisture.
What are the benefits of Shampoo Bars?
• They are better for the planet as they are formulated without water
• Plastic is reduced: The solid nature of the bar does not require a plastic bottle to contain it
• Less clutter: Small and compact, these bars help to cut the bathroom clutter
• More concentrated: Shampoo bars are packed with cleansers, oils and actives
• Travel friendly: Their lightweight and compact size means they are easy to transport with no risk of spillage
• They last longer: Gram for gram, solid shampoo bars give more washes. Using only the required amount means less wasted product down the sink
• Cost effective: Each shampoo bar lasts approximately between two to three times longer than a liquid shampoo.
• Environmentally friendly: As they don’t require plastic containers they stop used bottles from ending up in landfill. Also they are cheaper to transport due to their weight, resulting in less CO2 emissions.
How Do They Work?
Shampoo bars are easy to use and apply. You simply wet your hair with water and massage the bar into your scalp and through your hair. Then use the fingertips to distribute the lather through the hair. After rinsing out the shampoo, follow with your favourite conditioner.
Which Brands Should You Try?
There are lots of shampoo bars available but many use soap which have a high pH, this can be damaging to hair. Others use concentrated Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is a foaming ingredient that can also be drying to hair and an irritant to the scalp. Beauty Favours shampoo bars contain a blend of mild cleansers in combination with luxury organic oils and actives to ensure the hair and scalp remain healthy and shiny.